For Current performance and music calendar,
- Friday 12/9/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: Special Holiday Show! Local artists covering other local artists! Featuring Alan Semerdjian, Greg Fine, Phil Jimenez, Brian Sendrowitz, Carol Thomas, Rorie Kelly, Akiva, Dave Diamond, so many more! Come down to this final installment of the Conklin Barn Singer/Songwriter Series... 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm. Refreshments and dim light vibe. Intimate and inventive.
- Saturday 12/17/05: THE CUP www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Alan Semerdjian, acoustic music, desserts, and you. Bring a book and kick/think back. Warm up the mind and the ear.
- Wednesday 12/21/05: CODA- www.coda34.com NYC Special NYC songwriters show with Alan Semerdjian, Carol Thomas, and Adam Mugavero and more! Evening begins at 7 pm
- Saturday 11/5/05: MULTI-VOICE POETRY READING @ The Bowery Poetry Club www.bowerypoetry.com 6-7pm NYC featuring poetry by Alan Semerdjian, Adeena Karasick, Dan Welzer, and others
- Friday 11/11/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features Alan Semerdjian and special guests Seth Davis, Bess Rogers, and Vanessa Alvero. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm. Refreshments and dim light vibe. Intimate and inventive.
- Friday 11/25/05: THE CUP www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Alan Semerdjian, acoustic music, desserts, and you. Bring a book and kick/think back. Warm up the mind and the ear.
- Saturday 10/8/05: PA POETRY AND SONG PERFORMANCE 7:30pm
Benefit reading for "In the Arms of Words: Poems for Disaster Relief" anthology of poetry featuring Katherine James, Alan Semerdjian, Amy Ouzoonian and James Warner Vincent's Restaurant and Bar, 10 E. Gay St., West Chester, PA 610-696-4262.
- Friday 10/14/05: : THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features Alan Semerdjian and special guests Khristian Weeks, Rich Stein, and Tom Karcher. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm. Refreshments and dim light vibe. This month is a special “eclectic composers” installment. Come check out classical, psychedelic, and ambient compositions from some tremendous Long Island writers. COPIES OF THE NEW ALBUM “WHEN THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU” BY ALAN SEMERDJIAN WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG ISLAND FRIENDS AND FANS
- Saturday 10/15/05: POETRY @BLUE STOCKINGS 8 pm Amy Ouzoonian with Alan Semerdjian. $5-$10 suggested donation. Blue Stockings Bookstore, 172 Allen Street, NYC www.bluestockings.com
- Saturday 10/22/05: THE CUP www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Alan Semerdjian, acoustic music, desserts, and you. Bring a book and kick/think back. Are you ready for the Moroccan mint tea?
- Friday 9/9/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features Alan Semerdjian and special guests Rorie Kelly, Joe Songwriter, and Dave Diamond. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm. Refreshments and dim light vibe.
- Saturday 9/10/05: WOODSTOCK POETRY SOCIETY POETRY FESTIVAL - 76 Tinker Street, woodstock, NY 12498,US - Reading from "In the Arms of Words: Poems for Tsunami Relief" Kirpal Gordon w/ ClaireDaley, MaryJo Martin, Sparrow, Steve Dalachinsky, George Wallace, Amy Ouzoonian, Alan Semerdjian, Donald Lev and Irene O'Garden all book sales go towards Tsunami Relief. @ Woodstock Town Hall, 76 Tinker Street.
- Friday 9/16/05: CONKLIN BARN POETRY SERIES hosted by George Wallace 2 high street, huntington, NY 11743,US - donation at the door. poetry reading in huntington with alan semerdjian, and kirpal Gordon and others.
- Saturday 9/17/05: BOWERY POETRY CLUB www.bowerypoetry.com, ny, NY 10960,US - poetry reading 6-8pm with george wallace, alan semerdjian, amy ouzoonian, and john amen.
- Saturday 9/24/05: THE CUP www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Alan Semerdjian, acoustic music, desserts, and you. Bring a book and kick/think back.
- Tuesday 9/27/05: SPECIAL CD RELEASE PARTY @SATALLA in nyc Come down to celebrate the release of “When There Was Something Wrong With You,” the new cd by Alan Semerdjian featuring the production work of Philip A. Jimenez, Michael Bloom, and Brian Blackburn. For advanced tickets and information, please visit, http://www.satalla.com/. The performance begins promptly at 9:30pm. Matt Iselin on piano, Nick Gianni on upright bass, and dave Diamond on drums.
- Friday 8/12/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features Alan Semerdjian, greg fine, john flor-sisante, and phil Jimenez with Gordo Gringo. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm. Video/art by Phil Jimenez.
- Saturday 8/13/05: The Cup Coffeehouse: . www.thecupcoffeehouse.com. Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Lovely Lovely acoustic music in a fine café. Original compositions and things you may recognize. All ages. All night.
- Sunday 8/21/05: : TBA performing acoustic and reading new poems in Montreal. Email me for information.
- Thursday 8/25/05: ROCKWOOD MUSIC HALL 196 Allen Street NYC 212.477.4155 http://www.rockwoodmusichall.com/ Special 7pm sharp acoustic performance by Alan Semerdjian with Matt Iselin on piano. Rebecca Fanya plays afterwards.
- Friday 8/26/05: THE CUP www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Special recorded performance of cup regulars…Carol Thomas and others will perform as well. Come down and create the vibe for the recording.
- Friday 7/8/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features AKIVA, BRIAN SENDROWITZ, CAROL THOMAS, and Alan Semerdjian. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm
- Saturday 7/9/05: GENRECLASH @ LI FREE SPACE featuring Clarity, Alex Argot, and New Muse Productions with Alan Semerdjian, Daniel Carter, Tom Karcher, and Special Guests. All sorts of live art and thinking and sounds and words. 23 Union Ave Ronkonkoma, NY 11779-5812 516.616.3151
firstname.lastname@example.org and www.claritysight.com. all day all ages
- Saturday 7/9/05: Tsunami Benefit Relief @ The Unitarian Universalist Society of South Suffolk 28 Brentwood Road, Bay Shore, NY 11706 7pm start $10 contribution at door ALL AGES featuring John Flor-Sisante, Alan Semerdjian, Deidre Muro, Michele Monte, The Northerners, Jillian Santalla, Amy Ouzoonian reading poetry, and others…
- Friday 7/15/05: Celebration of Alan Semerdjian’s new chapbook of poetry “An Improvised Device” edited by Amy Ouzoonian and Lock n Load Press at The Apocalypse Lounge NYC 9pm. Tom Karcher on Chapman Stick. To order a copy of the limited edition, please write the editor at email@example.com.
- Sunday 7/17/05: NORTHPORT SUMMER ARTS FESTIVAL northport, ny
Alan Semerdjian will play an acoustic set from 2-2:30pm. Art, poetry, and music in the park.
- Saturday 7/23/05: THE SPOON new café and eatery 125A S. Wellwood Avenue Lindenhurst, NY. 631 957-7661. 9pm-? Acoustic, live, loops, songs. W/ Berg (FL) and Akiva.
- Saturday 7/30/05: Room 5 143 n. labrea (between beverly and 1st street above amalfi), los angeles, CA 90036,US - $6 acoustic show in Los Angeles – let’s make it intimate. 11pm W/ Jeff Caudill and Propeller playing earlier sets.
- Sunday 7/31/05: The Smell 247 south main street, Los Angeles, CA 90012,US - a few dollars. Alan will be reading poems from his new chapbook "An Improvised Device." Jane Sprague, Ara Shirinyan, Will Alexander, and Shahe Mankerian will also be reading as well. Neil Cavanagh will play a set of ethereal, well-crafted songs. 6pm start.
- Thursday 6/30/05: Thursday 6/30/05: BOWERY POETRY CLUB: Poetry reading Benefit for Tsunami Relief and celebration of In The Arms of Words: Poems For Tsunami Relief edited by Amy Ouzoonian. 6-8pm NYC
- Saturday 6/4/05: VOX POP Alan Semerdjian will perform a long solo set of indie-folk semipop at this intimate Brooklyn coffee shop/book store/music space in Flatbush. 8pm www.voxpopnet.net
- Friday 6/10/05: THE CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES: This month's installment features Jeremy Gilchrist, Bess Rodgers, and Alan Semerdjian. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm
- Friday 6/17/05: The Grind Coffeehouse 2975B Merrick Road Bellmore, NY 11710. 516-409-6633. www.thegrindcoffee.com solo acoustic. 8-11pm.
- Sunday 6/19/05: :NORTHPORT SUMMER ARTS FESTIVAL northport, ny
Alan Semerdjian (w/ Tom Karcher on the Chapman Stick) will be reading poems with David Axelrod and Kate Kelly in the Gazebo from 2-3pm
- Friday 5/13/05: CONKLIN BARN Songwriter Series: This month's installment features Dave Christian (Finally Balanced), Tom Karcher (Finally Balanced, Rose Hill Cemetary) on Chapman Stick, and Dave Diamond (Pozzy Guru, Zen Tricksters, BlowUpHollywood, and others) and me. 2 High Street Huntington, NY $5 helps pay for costs. All ages. 7:30pm
- Saturday 5/14/05: The Grind Coffeehouse 2975B Merrick Road Bellmore, NY 11710. 516-409-6633. www.thegrindcoffee.com solo acoustic. 8-11pm.
- Saturday 5/21/05: The New York ASA (Armenian Students Association) Artists’ Ball. Puck Building Lafayette and Houston NYC. 7-9pm. Two of my artpoem drawings have been selected to be part of this annual event. The one night exhibition is free to the public.
- Friday 5/27/05: : The Cup Coffeehouse www.thecupcoffeehouse.com. Wantagh, NY 9pm-1am. Steady. Loopy. Original compositions and things you may recognize.
- Friday 4/8/05: CONKLIN BARN Songwriter Series 2 High Street @ New York Avenue Huntington, NY 7pm-11pm This is a special Music For Peace installment of the series (www.m4p.org) featuring Carol Thomas, Dave Diamond, Cuzin D, Akiva, Brian Sendrowitz, Neil Cavanagh, Phil Jimenez, Greg Fine, Adam Mugavero, and me. There will also be a special video preview of “Beyond Wartime” and special guest poets and speakers. All ages. $5 donation. Refreshments will be available.
- Saturday 4/16/05: The CUP coffeehouse. www.thecupcoffeehouse.com Wantagh, NY across from the train station. Acoustic music all night + Moroccan Mint Tea and loops. 9pm-1am. All ages.
- Friday 3/25/05:
Pisces Cafe Babylon, NY www.piscescafe.net
Poetry And Music 8pm-? W/special guest(s) TBA
- Friday 2/11/05: The Conklin Barn Singer/Songwriter Series 2 High Street and New York Avenue Huntington, NY 11743 8-11pm All ages $5 suggested donation This month’s installment features Akiva, Tom Karcher on Chapman Stick, and Rick Eberle.
- Friday 2/18/05: Conklin Barn Poetry Series – 2 High Street and New York Avenue Huntington, NY 11743 8-11pm All ages I’ll be reading some new and old work with Amy Ouzoonian and Charlene Rhadle. 8-10pm.
- Saturday 2/19/05: The Cup Coffeehouse 3268 Railroad Avenue (across from the train station) Wantagh, NY 516-826-9533 9pm-1am www.thecupcoffeehouse.com acoustic music and the strangest object in your pocket…
- Friday 1/14/05: The Conklin Barn Singer/Songwriter Series 2 High Street and New York Avenue Huntington, NY 11743 8-11pm All ages $5 suggested donation This month’s installment features Dave Diamond, Greg Fine, and Rick Eberle.
- Saturday 1/15/05: The Grind Coffehouse 2975B Merrick Rd. Bellmore, NY 11710 (516) 409-6633 9pm – midnight acoustic acoustic acoustic www.thegrindcoffee.com
- Friday 1/21/05: back at THE CUP 3268 Railroad Avenue (across from the train station) Wantagh, NY 516-826-9533 9pm-1am www.thecupcoffeehouse.com
- Wednesday 12/01/04: Babylon Green Party Holiday Party 7pm @ 11 Edmunton Place, Apt #E6, N. Babylon (631) 422-4702 Explore your options America. I’ll be playing some new material for a host of amicable political types.
- Friday 12/03/04: St. Mark’s Poetry Project http://www.poetryproject.com/ I’ll be playing some eclectic soundscapes with free jazz instrumentalist Daniel Carter and other musical guests accompanying poet Adeena Karasick. Evening starts at 10:30pm. This should be a wild, collaborative endeavor in sound and word.
- Saturday 12/04/04: Momentum: An Art Event - @ The Conklin Barn 7-11pm 2 High Street at New York Avenue in Huntington, NY. This promises to be an exciting night of new talent. Clarity, Alex Argot, Labyrinth Soul + LIVE ART! and Stratosphere Collaborative with Adam I! Curious?
- Friday 12/10/04: CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES in Huntington, NY 2 High Street at the corner of New York Avenue. This monthly series has been a secret success. The Conklin Barn is owned by the Historical Society and is a wonderfully intimate place to see and hear the craft. I’ll be playing 2 sets with Seth Davis, Neil Cavanaugh, and Paul Weiss. $5 helps pay for costs. All ages.
- Tuesday 12/14/04: The Bowery Poetry Club A BoogCity RESCHEDULED TBA
- Saturday 12/18/04: THE CUP Wantagh, NY www.thecupcoffeehouse.com 9pm –
- Tuesday 11/09/04: FUNDRAISER FILM EVENT TO BENEFIT THE VIETNAM ASSOCIATION FOR VICTIMS OF AGENT ORANGE I’m playing a few acoustic versions of important songs focusing peripherally (or maybe not so peripherally) about the subject. The event is from 6-9pm and features two riveting documentaries and guest speakers. I think the music interlude (me) will happen around 7:45pm. The ImaginAsian Theater is located in New York City on 59th Street (between 2nd & 3rd Avenues). For more information on the event and tickets, please visit www.theimaginasian.com and www.ffrd.org. I’m honored to be asked to partake in this important event.
- Friday 11/12/04: Another acoustic evening at THE CUP in Wantagh, NY (across from the train station). This is how it happens here: Me with a guitar, my songs, some other people’s songs reinterpreted, and a cup of tea. You with dessert, coffee, maybe a friend, maybe not. Maybe a book or some other thoughts on your mind. Enter music, conversation, the old rabbit from the hat trick. Maybe a kazoo. From 9:00pm-1:00am. www.thecupcoffeehouse.com
- Thursday 11/25/04: The LION 132 Stoke Newington Church St, London CANCELLED
- Friday 10/08/04: CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES. Acoustic music in an intimate historic space. 2 High Street at New York Avenue in Huntington, LI. This month = Alan Semerdjian, Sean Llewellyn, Carol Thomas, and Dave Diamond. $5 donation at the door. All ages. 7:30 to 11pm.
- Thursday 10/14/04: AZAZA LOUNGE 8:00pm - 11:00pm with Carol Thomas, Akiva and Adam Mugavero and some pretty tasty Chinese food. 891 First Ave, NYC (212) 688-0417. ATTENTION!!!! This gig is moved to The Happy Ending Lounge on Broome at Forsyth in NYC www.happyendinglounge.com
- Thursday 9/09/04: Alan Semerdjian is the featured musician for the GARTAL Armenian Literary Reading Series at the Cornelia Street Café in NYC, located between W. 4th and Bleecker, just west of 6th avenue in greenwich Village. (212) 989 9319 for reservations or info (this small intimate room fills up quick- great food and drink) $8 admission includes a drink. Also featured are Armenian authors JOHN AYNEDJIAN andCATHY HAIG BONJUKIAN.
- Friday 9/10/04: CONKLIN BARN SINGER/SONGWRITER SERIES. Acoustic music in an intimate historic space. 2 High Street at New York Avenue in Huntington, LI. This month = Alan Semerdjian, Rick Eberle, Sean Llewellyn and guests. $5 donation at the door. All ages. 7:30 to 11pm.
- Monday 8/02/04: Lave Lounge 1533 N. La Brea (half a block north of Sunset Blvd)
Hollywood, CA 90028 with Aeon Spoke and Brandi Emma. 9pm.
- Thursday 8/05/04: AZAZA LOUNGE www.azazanyc.com 1st avenue and 50th street nyc 8pm and on. W/ akiva and others. $7.
- Friday 8/13/04: The Conklin Barn Singer/Songwriter Series. Featuring Alan Semerdjian, Rick Eberle (Iridesense), Phil Jemenez (Wheatus, Gordo Gringo), Brian Sendrowitz, and John Hampson (Nine Days). 7:30pm. 5 dollar suggested donation to pay for costs. No one will be turned away. All ages. Some great intimate music in a historical setting. 2 High Street @ New York Avenue in Huntington, NY. Dark room. Bright music. This happens on the second Friday of every month.
- Thursday 8/19/04: Arabica University Café Cleveland, OH 11300 Juniper Road
216/791-0300 8:00pm onwards. With Matt Iselin on piano.
- Friday 8/20/04: possible fundraiser for democrat Robert Jereski. Email for details.
- Sunday 8/22/04: Northport Summer Arts Festival. Northport, NY Poetry accompanied by Tom Karcher on Chapman Stick. 1pm-2pm. Free. All ages
- Thursday 8/26/04: Stonybrook University Café Stonybrook, NY www.universitycafe.org with Brian Sendrowitz and Sean Llewellyn 11pm.
- Friday 8/27/04: The Cup in Wantagh, NY (across from the Wantagh train Station). Acoustic music and desserts all night. All ages. 9pm - 1am www.thecupcoffeehouse.com
- Thursday 7/01/04: Canada Day! Performing with award-winning poet Adeena Karasick and Daniel Carter at ACA Galleries. This event highlighting is part of a poetry/small press series curated by David Kirschenbaum of BoogCity honoring Canada’s Talonbooks. I’ll be playing alongside Adeena’s poetry and doing some solo compositions of my own. 6pm to 8pm. NYC. For more information on ACA Galleries (located at 529 West 20th St., Fifth Floor) please visit: www.acagalleries.com
- Friday 7/02/04: The Middle East Corner Bar in Cambridge, MA. 10:00pm. Long acoustic set of original compositions. http://www.mideastclub.com/ Spread the word to those around Boston. I love meeting new friends in old towns.
- Sunday 7/04/04: Fourth of July! Poetry, Performance and Song in Montreal. Café Pharmacie Esperanza, 5490 St. Laurent, corner of St. Viateur. W/ Fortner Anderson, Paula Belina, Ian Ferrier, Bryan Highbloom, CT Staples, Jill Tanoja, Shawnda Wilson. 8:30pm $3. This should be an exciting night of experiments with sound and word.
- Thursday 7/08/04: Munchaba Lounge. Levittown, NY www.munchaba.com Carnival of Arts. I’ll be hosting and performing for talented wordsmith Clarity’s cd release party. See www.claritysight.com Tommy Sasquatch and Carol Thomas and many others. 10pm - ?
- Friday 7/09/04: The Conklin Barn Singer/Songwriter Series. Featuring Alan Semerdjian, Rick Eberle, Akiva, and others. 7:30pm. 5 dollar suggested donation to pay for costs. No one will be turned away. All ages. Some great intimate music in a historical setting. 2 High Street @ New York Avenue in Huntington, NY. Dark room. Bright music.
- Saturday 7/10/04: Literary small press festival Catskill Mountains, NY see http://www.catskillmtn.org/books/literary.php for more information on writers, presses, times, directions, etc. I’ll be playing some music for this festival throughout the day (noon to 6pm).
- Thursday 7/15/04: special appearance on PoetryBrook www.wusb.org 90.1FM for Long Islanders. This is a special show hosted by George Wallace tributing Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. I’ll be setting a Neruda poem to music. 6-7pm. Tune in online too.
- Friday 7/16/04: A special benefit performance for ACCEA http://www.accea.org/ (Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art in Yerevan). Please support this wonderful program that sends international artists to Armenia to work in invaluable experimental art and education programs. The benefit is from 6 to 8pm at The Tank in Manhattan http://www.thetanknyc.org/. Melineh Kurdian will be performing and Nacy Agabian will be reading as well. This is an important one. I’d love to see some old and new friends support this cause and hear some fantastic artists.
- Sunday 7/18/04: Northport Summer Arts Festival Northport, NY I’ll be playing an acoustic set from noon to 1pm at the entrance to the park. Come lovely sun.
- Monday 7/19/04: @ The Red Door in Portsmouth, NH as part of the Hush Hush Sweet Harlot Music Series curated by Sidney Lindner. Call for times. Come down. THE RED DOOR. (603) 373-6827, 107 State St.
- Thursday 7/22/04: Washington DC? Email me for more info.
- Saturday 7/24/04: The Cup in Wantagh, NY (across from the Wantagh train Station). Acoustic music and desserts all night. All ages. 9pm - www.thecupcoffeehouse.com
- Friday 7/30/04: Afro-American Poetry and Sound Reading @ Beyond Baroque in Venice, CA. w/ will Alexander and others. Poetry and Sound. http://www.beyondbaroque.org/
- Thursday 6/10/04: The Downtown Farmingdale, NY http://www.thedowntown.com/ I’ll be playing a few songs for a Friends of Popcore Night at 8pm. Short little gig. Free admission if you say you are on my mailing list and over 21. Drink Specials. 18+ = $5
- Friday 6/11/04: Music in the Barn: Long Island Songwriters Showcase at The Conklin Barn (2 High Street, 2 lights south of Main Street on New York Avenue) featuring 2 short sets with me, Rick Eberle (iridesense), Akiva, Sean Llewellyn, and Blake Ian. This will happen on the second Friday of every month from now on. Totally all ages. $5 minimum donation is simply to cover costs. NO one will be turned away. Pure listening environment. Historic Space. We start swapping songs at 7:30pm and go till 11pm. Refreshments +
- Saturday 6/12/04: Bowery Poetry Club in Manhattan as part of a BOOG reading/concert series. I’ll be reading a few new poems at 9:30pm http://boogcity.blog-city.com/
- Sunday 6/13/04: Northport Summer Arts Festival Northport, NY I’ll be reading poems in Northport proper (near the gazebo I think) sharing the stage with Adeena Karasick, George Wallace, John Heaviside, and others. 1pm – http://www.northportarts.org/events.html
- Saturday 6/19/04: The Cup Wantagh, NY http://www.thecupcoffeehouse.com 9pm-1am. All ages. Simple.
- Saturday 5/01/04: Infusion #3 Art Event http://www.infusionli.com/ 2:00 – 8:00 pm @ Club Ritual, 2686 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown, N.Y. 516-520-1332. I will be performing at around 7pm to close this experimental arts event featuring area painters, poets, and musicians. I will be performing with Stratosphere (Ian Katz – drums, Tom Karcher – Chapman Stick) in collaboration with performance artist/songwriter/designer/best friend Keith Gladysz in what should be a wild improvisational experience. All ages.
- Friday 5/07/04: I’ll be reading poetry at The Center For Book Arts 28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor (between 6th Avenue & Broadway) New York, New York 10001 (212) 481-0295. A Reading for: RUNES, A REVIEW OF POETRY http://members.aol.com/Runes/ 7:30pm.
- Sunday 5/09/04: Fusion Art Museum 57 Stanton Street. I’ll be performing a few songs for an intimate afternoon with poet George Wallace. 4pm start http://www.artnet.com/ag/galleryhomepage.asp?gid=15375
- Friday 5/28/04: The Cup Wantagh Avenue (across from the Wantagh train station, Wantagh, NY) http://www.thecupcoffeehouse.com/home.html I’ll be playing acoustic music – originals and interpretations – all night long. 9pm – 1am. All ages.
- Saturday 4/03/04: Armenian School Watertown,
MA noon contact me for info
- Thursday 3/18/04:NYC @ The Living Room http://www.livingroomny.com I’ll be playing this important NYC showcase at 7pm and would really love to see city folk that I haven’t seen for awhile. + special guests Matt Iselin on piano and Michael Bloom. Greg Fine plays at 9pm.
- Friday 3/19/04: Huntington, NY @ The Conklin Barn 2 High Street at New York Avenue. Please join me and some great local poets – Clarity, Alex Argot, Christian Laura, Lisa Aliperti, Mankh, and others – for an evening of poetry and perhaps a bit of song. This event is free and runs 8-11pm. There is an open mic from 10-11pm for interested poets and songwriters. Great acoustics.
- Thursday 3/25/04: : Boston, MA @ The Middle East (corner room). I’ll be playing a set at the famous Cambridge Club (www.mideastclub.com) as part of the Whiskey Bent and Hellbound Music Series at 11pm or so. Spread the word.
- Friday 2/06/04: MUSIC FOR PEACE PROJECT www.m4p.org for more information. This is a special event featuring myself and two other excellent songwriters, Carol Thomas and Greg Fine at THE CONKLIN BARN at the southern most end of town on New York Avenue in Huntington, New York. Sonny meadows will start off with a short set at 7:30pm. The barn is owned by the Huntington Historical Society, and it is a great and intimate space to see music (a good alternative from the bars). This will be a special night. Pass it on.
- Thursday 2/12/04: I’ll be reading some new and old poetry at the CORNELIA STREET CAFÉ in Manhattan as part of the Gartal Reading Series. 6pm start. www.corneliastreetcafe.com for more information, reservations, and directions.
- Saturday 2/14/04: Valentine’s Night gig at THE CUP in Wantagh. 9pm to close. Love Songs both delusional and virtuous. Loop Station - live looping, coffee, dessert, board games, love.
- Friday 2/20/04: CONKLIN BARN again, this time, as a featured poet – part of George Wallace’s monthly series there. Huntington, NY…southern edge of town…New York Avenue…8pm.
- Saturday 2/21/04: KC’s Saloon bayside, Queens, NY across from the bayside train station…ESP (loose jams of tight songs) the possibilities of fun with covers 10:30pm to infinity…21 and over
- Friday 1/16/04: For fun and loose jams of tight songs, see ESP (I play guitar in this project) and hear other musicians’ material (mostly classic, mostly rock and blues) performed in typical ruffian flare from 10:30pm on till close. At KC’s Saloon (21 and over) across from the Bayside train station in Bayside, Queens. Not for the faint-hearted.
- Friday 1/24/04: I’ll be playing the entire night at The Cup in Wantagh across from the Wantagh train station. Long Island. This will be the last night that my ARTPOEMS will be up on their walls as well. 9pm to 1am.
- Monday 12/08/03: Poetry Reading/Music Performance @ The Cinema Arts Center in Huntington, New York from 7:30 – 9:30pm. This is a special event that I hope many of you will come to and appreciate. It is a fundraiser for the arts center, a place that has provided quality entertainment to Long Island and beyond for many years. I’m performing solo for a bit and collaborating (on guitar and sounds) with George Wallace, Suffolk County’s Poet Laureate. For more info http://www.cinemaartscentre.org/wallace.html.
- Thursday 12/11/03: I’ll be playing on the radio and reading some work on WUSB, 90.1 on the FM dial in Suffolk County from 6 - 7pm. You can receive it live on the web by going to www.WUSB.org
- Sunday 12/14/03: I’ll be part of wonderful afternoon of poetry at The Back Fence in New York City featuring George Wallace, Hal Sirowitz, Rob Plath, Jason Eisenberg, and me with guitar and poems. For more information, go to www.thebackfenceonline.com 3:30 – 5:30pm FREE
- Friday 12/19/03: Solo Acoustic Performance at THE CUP Wantagh, New York. 9pm till close (around 1am). This is just me for the night. The Cup is a wonderful place to read, write, think, share ideas with a friend, and listen to good music in a casual setting. www.thecupcoffeehouse.com. The Cup is also kind enough to put my drawings up for the month, so please come down this evening for the opening and sign the guestbook. FREE all ages